Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bright enough for ya'?

I finally finished weaving in all of the ends of this small throw rug. (I started this thing about 2 years ago when our group of friends takes our annual weekend at the beach. 2 of us "grown-ups" are sisters, and the other 2 grown-up women are friends from grade school and jr. high school. Along with husbands, boyfriends, grown children, their respective husbands/wives/boyfriends/girlfriends and one grandson! We all troop down to the Washington coast like some 70s hippie commune for a wonderful relaxing weekend.) The pattern was a download from an Interweave Knits a couple years back. The model rug was nice subtle colors and I loved it. However, I chose to make it in the bright Provencal colors of my favorite dinnerware. (I think it picks up the colors nicely, don't you?) I still need to open a can of latex rug backing goo and slather it all over the back. The latex goo then dries and makes a dandy non-slip backing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home