Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Swatching for Tempting II

The July KAL for the Sexy Knitters Club has been voted on and the winner is Tempting II by Jenna Adorno. The pattern calls for Rowan Calmer yarn. I dug through my stash and nothing came close to the gauge or fiber content that I was looking for to knit this sexy little top. So, off to my LYS for the thrill of the kill to hunt for suitable yarn.












I found this. Breeze by Heirloom, The Australian Yarn Company. The color is soft baby pink and it is slightly springy due in part to 0.4% lycra. The other fiber content is 30% wool and 69.6% cotton. It should do nicely. My gauge is knitting up at close to 5 st per inch when slightly stretched. More if pulled out. Considering that this top is supposed to cling, the stretchiness should be perfect.

I am almost finished with my Crest of the Wave top. I am down to the final series of lace pattern. I have gone up to a 5.00mm needle and the pattern is very open and lacy. It has also taken a lot less yarn than I ordered so I may be making a small evening bag from the rest of it. I suppose I should add beads for that...

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, the yarn you chose for the Tempting II is so gorgeous, it looks so cozy and the color rocks! Tempting II is high up on my "Have to do" list, so I'm really curious to see how yours is going to come out - looking forward to many progress pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home