Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

RANT

If you are looking for reasonably priced yarn, go to Knit Picks. If you are looking for reasonably priced yarn AND want it here before the next millennium, DON'T GO TO KNIT PICKS.

I ordered yarn on April 25, 2006. I checked my order status on the 27th and was informed that it was shipped on the 26th. Well, hello! That's great!

So I wait
and wait
and wait.

Monday, May 1 I call KP and ask how I can track my order that was supposed to have left them on the 26th. I am given a tracking number with something called SmartPost. Now, SmartPost is neither FedEx nor USPS. It is the Mordred of the two. No way to track anything with SmartPost until it has been actually sent to USPS. Meanwhile, USPS has no record of the tracking number that I finally got from KP on Tuesday, May 2.

It is now May 4 (incidentally my one month blog-aversary!) and it has finally gotten to the USPS. The possibility of getting my long awaited order before the weekend and getting to actually work on my niece's present are slim at best. This is why I am leaving right now to take a short trip to the Ben Franklin store to pick up some Cascade 220.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger NeedleTart said...

I just read your post at Harlot and was wondering; Did you throw up on DH after his suggestion?
BTW, I ordered my Olympic yarn from Knitpicks and paid extra (!) for next day delivery and still didn't get the darn stuff for 5 days. Seems there was this weekend involved.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home