Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

One giant leap backward

As I was progressing on my Somewhat Cowl sweater, I kept thinking that it was looking kind of big. Real big, in fact. I finally put all the stitches on scrap yarn and tried it on. It fit. What is wrong with that, you ask? I will tell you. I want it to fit AFTER I lose weight, not now. Nothing else to do but send it to the frog pond.

BEFORE


AFTER

Two skeins back from where I was isn't so bad, is it? Better that than not liking it when I was finished and never wearing it. To quote Marilyn Monroe from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, "A thing worth doing is worth doing well".

I submit to you another future frogging. These are socks that I am making for DD/S, my oldest. I love the yarn. It is Socks That Rock in the color Pebble Beach. I have them started on size 1 needles and I feel like I am knitting on toothpicks. I like #2 better. I am also trying out a new toe-up cast on. The instructions for short row toes came from knitty.com. Apparently I can't follow instructions very well because I have screwed them up. They are NOT supposed to look like this!

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger emy said...

Well, better to rip when you find it faintly discomforting then to rip out an entire completed project! (Yes, I have done that to my round shawl!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home