Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WIP it, WIP it good

This is embarrassing.

These are the projects that I am working on concurrently. When I get tired of one, I go to the other. They are all different knitting techniques so each eases the boredom of the other. First, there is my KAL with Sexy Knitters Club. I am making the Somewhat Cowl. The yarn is Lion Brand Micro Spun from my stash. The color says Lilac on the tag, but to me it is Periwinkle. Henceforth my sweater shall be known as "Peri".


The next is the One Button Cardigan from IK Summer 2005. Again, this is stash yarn. Antique stash yarn, my friends. The label is Columbia-Minerva Worsted...anyone remember that? Hmmm, I thought not. This yarn has been the beginnings of 2 different, unfinished sweaters for someone who has long since become unworthy. *Ahem* Brown is the new black, you know, so I am making it for me. I bought a really fun carved wood button for it (it only requires one) at Le Bon Marché in Paris last January. (Shopping there is another post altogether.) I am almost finished with the lower edging.


Last (in this post) but not least is my Olympic Knitting sweater, the Gingham Cardigan. The pattern is from a McCall's Needlework & Crafts issue August 1988. I have started this cardi twice already, but never gotten past one or two pieces. Children, housework, etc. took my time from knitting then. But now the children are grown and on their own and I have long ago abandoned the myth of a clean house. When The Yarn Harlot challenged all of us to the KO, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. As you can see form the photo it isn't quite done yet. Okay, so I didn't medal. It was the challenge of trying to finish that was important. I have about a half of a sleeve left and then the neckband and finishing. Lots and lots of finishing.



2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Ling said...

Hi Molly. Just saw your post via SKC. Great progress on your knitting. Can't wait to see your finished items.
PS - How did you add the button? I still haven't figured it out!!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Ling,

I have replyed to your email but the address wasn't correct. Send your email address to me and I will resend the information.

Molly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home