Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ta-da! My first post!

Now that I have convinced myself that there might be other people who have an interest in my knitting, I can't for the life of me decide what to say about it! Well, here goes.

I have trouble being a monogamous knitter. I must have ADD or somethin', because I get bored working on a project very easily. I have, at any given time, about 6 or 7 projects going. This doesn't take into account the long-term projects (i.e. the double knit afghan I started in about 1994 or the 60" X 90" oval hooked rug that began in 1977 but I digress...) or the many that I have just given up altogether. I sometimes joke that I am like a crow, my attention easily diverted by another shiny object.

Once I realized this, I gave myself permission to work on whatever project I was interested in at the time. Now, that didn't help during the Knitting Olympics this past February. I did manage to only work on my Olympic sweater. (I didn't, however, manage to finish it. I am a half sleeve short of a finished sweater. Half a sleeve and neck ribbing and some stockinette strips to cover up the monstrous fronts where I picked up and knit the button bands. The yarns carried up from the rows below look awful. I consulted the Fair Isle expert in my guild for guidance. It is now back in the queue.)

I always enjoy knitting blogs that have a lot of photos. I plan to be one of those. Obviously not today, but soon. Very soon.

Thanks for reading my first post. Hopefully we will become friends.

Molly

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whahoo! First comment on a brand new blog - I should win a toaster or something. Welcome to blog-dom Molly, I hope you find it as much fun as I do.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

Welcome to blogging. I was in LYS today talking with the woman working there and knitting blogs came up and she said they had two blogging employees, Jessica (whom I read) and Molly. So when I saw your comment on Ryan's blog I figured I'd take a look to see if that's you. Yes or no, happy blogging. (I'm still pretty new at this myself, both knitting and blogging.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home