Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Déjà vu, all over again

Now that I have frogged the Peri sweater, the progress seems to be going very slowly. I think it is because I have been here before! I believe I am now on the right track. Wendy posted some revisions to her Somewhat Cowl pattern and the modifications I have done to mine are almost the same. Now it is just round and round and round until I reach the ribbing.

What is this? Well, I'm not exactly sure. I was inspired by a tank top pattern I saw. I thought, "Wouldn't it be cute to have this more fitted at the waist and then flare out at the hips and make it longer? Also, wouldn't it be cute if there were some knitted lace at the bottom?".

Yes. And, no.

While I love the Suede yarn, it is sticking to the needles. I prefer the ebony needles when I can use them and don't like metal needles at all. However, in this case the Addi Turbo needles are really the only choice. I will get used to them. Unfortunately, this entire top is being frogged because I decided that the fabric is just too heavy for a light summer top. Now the plan is to make a drop-stitched skirt, knit around and with shaping to make it flared at the bottom. And long. Stay tuned.

Lastly on today's offerings is a swatch I made for an everyday cardigan sweater. I have a black cashmere sweater that I have had for about 5 years. It has gotten constant use and is falling apart. Time to replace it with a hand knit! Again, not going to be able to use the ebony needles for obvious reasons. My eyesite is bad enough without destroying it altogether. I have enough Dale Baby Ull in black to more than complete this project. (I love that yarn because t is so soft and machine washable) On size 2 needles, I believe it will take me a long time. The biggest problem is that I can't decide if I want the 4 stitch cable pattern or the 2 stitch cable pattern. What do you think? Can you tell from the photo of the swatch?

What, you don't care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home