Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Knitting lots of holes

I am finally posting a photo of my progress with my Amazing Lace project. This is the back of my Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend cardigan. I staked it out on my cutting board that I use for cutting out sewing patterns so the contrast is isn't fantastic. However, I think you get the drift. The bottom panel is a repeating diamond pattern and the top part is just a simple (k2tog, yo, k1, yo, sl 2 knitwise, k both st thru back loops, k5) repeat. The sleeves will be the vertical repeat all the way up, no diamonds. I have gotten pretty far and now it is just getting a bit tedious.

Which brings me to my next project. Although the Sexy Knitters Club has voted on the Tempting II pattern for the July KAL, I fell in love with the Crest of the Wave top that is a free pattern on knitty.com. I ordered the Sonata yarn from elann.com in the charcoal color. I have so many black tops and the thought of knitting on another black yarn didn't appeal to me. The charcoal is very elegant and the Sonata feels so nice to knit with. I highly recommend it. I also ordered some in Pink Lavender to make the Eyelet Chemise in the Summer 2006 edition of Interweave Knits magazine.

I really like the Crest of the Wave pattern. It is easily memorized and goes very quickly. I started it about 5 days ago and have already knit the front and back bodice tops and joined in the round for 2 sets of the pattern. More photos when I have finished and blocked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home