Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm In Love

On Thursday I picked up my long-awaited Cotton Fine from Yarns Unlimited in Santa Monica. I couldn't wait to swatch the lace pattern for this cardigan!

It is far more difficult to follow a graphed pattern when there are lots of interesting people to talk to than it is in the solitude of your own home. I'm just saying. However, I managed to get through about 8 rows of the pattern...enough for me to decide that I will block this to the correct size when it is done so LET'S CAST ON ALREADY!!!!!

33 rows into the back, I love it. I love the pattern and the way the knitted fabric feels and drapes. I love it so much that yesterday at the DSW I bought a pair of sandals to wear with it this summer. (Okay, I don't really need an excuse to buy shoes...)

While waiting for my above mentioned yarn, I made a quick striped top. This was inspired by a top in a Knit 'n Style magazine. I just figure out how many stitches to cast on and then went from there. Thanks to Annika for her expert fitting help on the back, as my arms aren't long enough to do it myself. I had never worked with Cotton Ease before but I certainly will again. Inexpensive, easy to knit and machine wash and dry. It's the trifecta of yarn.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home