Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Well, not really the saddle. Just back to knitting socks. Sunday afternoon I met some of the girlies at Abuelita's in the Topanga Canyon for late lunch and knitting. Our usual SnB meets every 1st, 3rd and if there is one, 5th Sunday of the month at the Coffee Bean on Canoga in the Warner Center. Since this was the 5th Sunday, we made a special afternoon of it. I find it is always good to cast on for a pair of socks while downing a Margarita, don't you? Looking at it now I think I may have something there. The toes look very nice. The yarn is Regia Cotton Surf in color #5412. As this is a self-striping yarn, I think that the Feather and Fan pattern will be fun to knit. If and when I get then far enough to see the pattern, I will also post at the No-End-In-Sight-Ripple-Along.

I am using an Addi Turbo #1 32" circular needle. Not so much impressed so far. The cable is stiff and I really do not like metal needles. But just you try to find a size 1 in a bamboo circular! Go ahead. Try. I'll wait....

Yes, Shiloh. These are for you. I hope to be able to finish them before/when we are at the ocean in a couple of weeks.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home