Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Same Thing, Just More Of It

With the ripple afghan on hold, I am once again working on the Ripple Vest. I pulled it out at the WeHo SnB on Thursday and started working on it. Probably not the best idea as I need to count a few stitches here and there. Sure enough, I got to a place in the return row where the stitches do not line up. Now I have to rip back to the row before (or worse yet, the row before that!) and figure out what went wrong. Sure, I could just add a stitch here or there to make it all come out right, but it is RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE of the vest and would probably show like a beacon on a clear night.

EPIPHANY!!!! While writing this I just had a thought. This is supposed to be the front but I haven't made the back yet and why not make this the back and make the front last when I really have my shit together on this pattern understand the pattern well???? Problem solved. Movin' on.

On Thursday night, we (the WeHo SnB) were displaced from our usual location of the upstairs dining area at the Farmer's Market. We then commandeered an alcove on the main floor for ourselves. Lots of people stopped by to ask what we were doing. (Laurie, we hope to see you at a future SnB!) A group of 4 small children seemed interested (one very interested) in what we were doing. The very interested little girl hung around until her mother made her go with them. I can hear the future interview now, "What made you become a world-famous knitwear designer?" "Well, when I was a child, I was fascinated by a group of ladies crocheting and knitting at the Farmer's Market......".

First one's free.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ha! Yeah! That little girl was really interested in your ripple pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home