Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Back to the drawing board

In February I started a cotton bolero from Patons Cotton Grace using a free pattern on the web. I got the back and both fronts crocheted and then lost interest. Let's face it, it was dull. Sort of the saltine cracker of the crochet bolero world. It languished in my knitting bag (one of many) until the 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton book inspired me to re-work it into something far more fun. One of the great things about knitting and crocheting is that if you absolutely do not like the way a project is turning out, you can frog it and have another go. Unlike sewing when once you have cut out a piece, you can only go smaller. Now, don't get me wrong. I love to sew but it does have it's limitations for re-working.

The new plan is to make the bolero from Granny square blocks of pattern #58 Peach Rose and a #D Clover crochet hook. I figure I will need to make 20 full square blocks and 2 diagonal 1/2 blocks. These are a bit of a challenge so I am going to bring them to the next WeHo SNB for some more opinions.

I must still be feeling the flower thing. Peace and love...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

The squares are gorgeous!
How was Las Vegas?

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Dude, love that book!

Hey, I got the tix to Sound of Music Sing-Along!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

You've been tagged! Now you need to go to my blog to read the rules.
~ Sherri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home