Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I am weak

Not only have I succumbed to the Granny-Along, but just this weekend I also joined the Ripple-Along! It is all the fault of this woman and the beautiful, bright colors. I usually head for the blues/purples/greens in subtle tones at my LYS so this is quite a change for me. Also, I rarely knit/crochet with anything but natural fibers so the acrylic Caron Simply Soft Brights is a definite detour. But I was hypnotized by the ripples and the promise of a cheery accent for my all-white bedroom. So sue me.

I had anticipated an afghan that would sit, nicely folded, at the end of my bed, always ready for a nap or a chilly night. In actuality, it hangs over the sides by about a foot...on each side! It's just that much more ripple to love.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Molly!

I couldn't resist either. I just rippled an orange scarf in 3 shades of 100% virgin acrylic! I'm thinking of rippling some washcloths (single crochet).

See you next week! I'll bring my scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home