Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Gettin' My Granny On

I was reading Ellen's blog over the weekend and came across this.

Easter morning I retrieved the bag of worsted weight wool from under my bed and set to work. For a long time I have been keeping bits and pieces of mostly Cascade 220 with the goal of eventually turning it into a Granny Square afghan. The first 3 rounds are being made from my leftovers and then I will find a nice midnight blue to make the 4th round that ties it all together. Between cooking eggs benedict for breakfast and ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner, I made a few 3 round squares.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yayyyy! Granny Squares! They ARE the building blocks to fashion, you know! LOVE all the colors...so cheerful. Can't wait to see them sewn together.

Also, the Flower Power purse is coming along nicely! Good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home