Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Showing my backside


Of course it is the backside of my Flower Power crochet purse! What else would it be?

I am almost finished with the crochet part and am looking forward to moving on tho the sewing-of-the-lining part. I found this wild and absolutely perfect fabric for the lining. I also got a bit of this bright green to line the outside of the lining, the side that backs up against the crochet because the back if the lining fabric is a blah white flannel.

In fact, I am getting into sewing again after a bit of a hiatus. This is my latest sundress I whipped up last week. The weather in the Valley turned hot for a bit. Since I am now experiencing many hot flashes unscheduled trips to the Tropics each day, cotton sundresses are the most appealing garments I can think of. This fabric has been in my stash for about 10 years and I obviously liked it enough to bring it to SoCal with me. The inspiration for the vintage style trim came to me last Sunday when I was shopping with my roommate, Erin. I went to JoAnne's and found the perfect white-with-blue-dot fabric to coordinate. I suppose it is a bit too youthful for an old broad like me but I don't give a shit darn. I have one more in the works out of Simplicity pattern 3867 and then I will move onto another style.

On the same memory stick I found some photos of my friend Jen's and my last trip to France. We took a few days out in Quimper and on the only sunny day, drove to Carnac. If you have never been there, you MUST go! This photo was taken of me in February 2006 and I am happy to say I have lost about 40 lbs. since then so I am not fond of the picture. But it does show one of the stones in Carnac.

As much as I would like to, you can't edit past photos.

Happy Easter, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home