Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Monday, September 25, 2006

California Dreamin'

I just flew in from L.A. and boy, are my arms tired!

Moving right along...

La La Land was superb. Aside from the traffic on the freeways and everywhere else, it was fun. I met up with some knitters at the Farmer's Market SNB on Thursday and had a great time. Knitters everywhere are a very friendly and crazy bunch so it is always good to meet new friends. Before leaving Washington, I had contacted Regina of the Monster Crochet and asked about good yarn shops in the area. She came back with 4 of her favorites and then invited me to the next SNB. How could I pass that up? There were lots of fun and talented knitters/crocheters there that evening, even though I was told that it was a small crowd. I also met Ellen who was a wealth of music information and was wearing a fabulous crocheted sweater that I suspect she made. I didn't ask but kept staring at it. She must have thought I was strange...

While at one of the yarn shops that Regina recommended, I ran into a knitting celebrity. None other than Kitty Bartholomew. I mentioned this to the SNB group and got "oooooo"s and"aahhhhhhhhhhh"s. Non-knitters/non-crafters don't know what they are missing.

I worked on my Ivy sweater this week. I knitted on the plane down. I knitted at a friend's workplace. I knitted at the SNB. I knitted in my hotel room. I knitted in my car while waiting for a friend. I knitted on the plane back home. I got a lot of knitting done! I am almost to the point of decreasing for the armholes on the back. I am loving the fabric that this yarn is making up. I can't find any information on the internet about it but it is Trendsetter Linie 135. Cotton and viscose. Very soft and silky.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Molly!
It's always nice to have out-of-town visitors to our WeHo SnB! Thanks for coming. You couldn't have had a better LYS guide than Regina! She really knows her yarn shops!
Yes, that was a crocheted sweater that I made a few years ago. I used Red Heart worsted weight yarn called "Circus"...black with flecks of red, blue, yellow and purple. The stitch I used is called the granite or linen stitch. Thanks for the compliments. Do come and visit us again!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hey Molly! We cannot wait for you to return!!

Actually Ellen knows more about yarn shops than anyone else. She our all-knowing fiber goddess. LOL

Come back!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Hey Molly,
It's Melanie here, your old Eastside Knitter's guild buddy.
We sure miss you around here, it's not the same without you. You alway's had cool stuff to talk about and every WIP you had I coveted! =)
Hope that your move to Caly went smoothly, and that you are enjoying it there.
All you have missed around here is buckets of rain (surprise, surprise).
Well Keep in touch ( How high school year book of me, but I mean it!)
Melanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home