Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Harlot comes to town

Yesterday my non-knitter friend Jen and I went to Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. There was a large and enthusiastic crowd despite it being smack dab in the middle of Labor Day weekend. No matter. Knitters have their priorities!

Stephanie was very funny and entertaining (even to a non-knitter!) and we all had a great time. I met Stephanie when she signed my 3 books that I had brought with me. I also confessed to her about my unfinished Olympic Knitting cardigan. She was very gracious and non-judgmental. A simple, "What happened?" was her only comment. Such a lady. She obviously has been there many times and has felt the shame and guilt of the UFO. Who among us hasn't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home