Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Not even remotely about knitting

Totally off topic, but very fun. Today was the annual Bastille Day celebration at the Seattle Center. My business, Mais oui! had a booth where we sold French made items and handed out lots of our catalogs. One of my favorite parts about the Bastille Day fun is the Citroen car display brought to us by one of the local Citroen Car Clubs. Way back in 1971 when dinosaurs still roamed the earth I was smitten with a Citroen SM. At the time, they were running about $11K out of the showroom. (Not to mention the modifications that had to be done to a French car at that time.) Needless to say I never got one. But I have longed, nay LUSTED after one ever since! The photo is of me standing next to a Citroen that is NOT an SM. Since there wasn't one there, (insert lyrics, "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with") I had to settle for what was there.

I shall not be deterred from my goal.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You go girl! I love those cars too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I will be adding you to my bloglines shortly. I'll be back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home