Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sock it to me

I am a member of the East Side Knitters Guild and go to the Monday evening meetings. However, this past Monday, I was free during the day and went to the day meeting at Spin Knitters in Bothell, WA. I positioned myself at the table with the ladies and took out my socks that I had started the weekend before. As luck would have it, I was also facing the wall of sock yarn! YIKES!

People, you all know that yarn speaks to you, right? Admit it. You know it does. I was getting the yarn equivalent of "Hey, Baby...What's your sign?" from some Cascade Fixation in variegated greens.

Halfway through the meeting, I got up and introduced myself to Fixation. We got along immediately. I then took my Fixation home with me for a crazy and wild affair, knowing fully that I had an "understanding" with a skein of STR. Gawd, I am so easy...

Fixaton and I are making beautiful socks together.

I am planning on taking both STR and Fixation to the ocean this weekend for some fun and relaxation. I hope we will be a great threesome.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Yarn speaks to me constantly...

"Take me home! You know you want me!"

Yep, I'm with ya.

The Fixation is making a lovely pair of socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home