Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Turning the corner...er, heel

I just returned from spending a wonderful long weekend with friends and family at the Washington Coast. The weather was (mostly) cooperative and we had a great time laughing, playing games, cards, dice, croquet, hanging out at the beach, eating lots of goodies and just generally having a relaxing time. Lest you think that we are a bunch of teetotalers, the booze and wine flowed freely and added to the merriment. I say we do it again next year.

While there, I managed to get in quite a bit of knitting on my Fixation socks. I like the yarn, but it is a bit of a pain to knit with. Does one stretch it or not stretch it while knitting? I decided to stretch it because when I didn't, it looked all loose and pplllllffffttttt. Yeah, that's it.

I have one major complaint that I will be contacting Cascade about. Each of the skeins (up to this point) had TWO KNOTS in each one, fairly short distances from each other. I make socks two-at-a-time-toe-up because I like one unbroken yarn from toe to top. Now I have at least 2 places where I have to weave in ends and on socks, that can be uncomfortable to wear.

The heels are really very easy to do from the toe-up. I've got it down to a (simple) science now. I like the cushy sl1, k1 RS heel so that is what I do. If you want the details, email me and I will try to explain it better. Now it is just a matter of k2 p2 ribbing until 7-8 inches or the skeins run out.

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! Just like a top down sock. I emailed you for the directions. THANK YOU!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

OMG, the sock is fabulous!

Booze flowing freely and knitting simultaneously is a significant talent (I believe I possess this skill as well). LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home