Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ivy on the hoof...er, vine

I swatched for the Ivy sweater and came up with the correct gauge of 6 stitches per inch THE VERY FIRST TIME! How lucky is that? I am using Suzanne's Ebony circular needles in a size 3.5mm. The yarn is Trendsetters Linie 135. It is a cotton/viscose blend and very splitty. It also snags like a mutha so I have to be very careful with it (and keep it far, far away from Sasha, the Yarn Eater). I like to have insurance yarn, so I hounded my LYS to find 2 more and they did. Same color, same dye lot.

I really like the sheen the viscose gives the cotton and it is very soft.
The pattern is easy to remember and goes quickly. I am almost to the decrease part.

One more thing. A happy congratulations to Melanie and Ben, two knitting pals in my guild who just got engaged! Go here to see their photo and offer your congrats to them.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Molly,
YOur sweater is looking awesome! I love when gauge comes out perfectly the first time. =) Im trying to hold out from buying yarn at elann, but you are sorely tempting me!
Also, how sweet of you to give a "shout out" for Ben and I, we are so happy and in love it is sickening (if you couldn't tell). Hopefully you will be able to make it up here for the wedding....whenever that may be =)

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is going to be so pretty - I'm way impressed by your cabling, it's so evenly and neatly done, I wish mine would look just half as great! I also love the color of the yarn you're using! Happy Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home