Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I am friend of Stephanie P.

My name is Molly and I am a yarnaholic.

I checked out the new knitty.com and love the Ivy sweater! Wrap front, cables on the bottom and sleeves. Just right for what I want. I resolve to make it when I get to California where my stash sits, languishing in the PODS warehouse with all of my other worldly possessions.

So, I merrily read my favorite blogs, as is my usual for the morning. One Crazy Fiber Lady announces that she wants to host a no-pressure, no-end-date KAL for the Ivy sweater and is anyone else interested? Damn her! Before I can say NO, I have emailed her and posted on the Ivy KAL site. I can handle making the sweater with no pressure from time constraints. However, I have no yarn to make this. You do know what this means, don't you? This means that I have to buy yet more yarn to bring into my tiny apartment and then move to SoCal with me...again.

I head off to my LYS and find some really beautiful cotton/viscose (isn't that rayon?) in a soft, baby blue. They only have 12 skeins but their Bellevue store has the other 8 in the same dye lot. Guess where I am going today? The gauge says 21 stitches per 4 inches and the pattern calls for 24 per. I figure I can squeeze in an extra 3 stitches in 4 inches, right? Right?

Anyone?

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Molly,
I LOVE it! I want to do it too! But I have a kazillion things I am supposed to be working on..
Ok what is the yarn? And where did you get it?
I am guessing either Pacific Fabrics or Hilltop.
See you at Guild!
Melanie

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

It is Fiber Trends Linie 135. I forgot to post that. @%&$ing Pacific Fabrics put their price tag over the label name on EVERY SINGLE ball!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Glenna C said...

*waves*
Hi there! Wow, that looks like an awesome new stash enhancement! I hope Ivy turns out for you. (Now I have performance anxiety on behalf of my pattern, OMG!) Yours is a lovely light blue colour.

As far as gauge, I'm currently knitting a 2nd Ivy using yarn that is also supposed to be more like 22 sts/inch, and the drape is a little more sturdy but it will still work. Just anticipate a slightly firmer knitted fabric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home