Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kathy, You Rock!!!!!

For a long time I have been complaining writing about having left the majority of my knitting needles back in Washington when I moved. When your friends aren't rabid knitters or crocheters, they really don't see the urgency of having them at the ready. I could have spent a lot of $$$$ replacing all of my circulars, but that seemed a waste of money that could go to better use for say, YARN. Then one day last week, lo and behold, came an innocent looking box at my door. In it were these precious gems.

I am sure that the reason I didn't get them before was that no one could find them in the storage unit. But one intrepid friend made the extra effort to locate my lovelies and sent them down to SoCal so that I might be able to knit on a size other than 2.

I said it before and I will say it again...

KATHY, YOU ROCK!!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Now that I have my knitting implements back in the fold, I felt compelled to purchase celebratory yarn. (Yeah, the "Knit From Your Stash" vow didn't last long. Cut me some slack, it has been a difficult past few months...) Some Lily Sugar'n Cream in variegated pinks for a couple of washcloths for my daughter and some Heirloom Breeze in lime for a V-neck tank top from the Spring/Summer Knit Simple, page 36.

Don't hate me for this, but I will leave you with this recipe for Whipped Shortbread. It doesn't look like much on a plate, but when you bite into it, you will know why I said that.

In a large stand mixer, whip 1 lb. of softened butter until light in color. (No, margarine will NOT be okay.) Add 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar, 1/2 cup cornstarch and whip again. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whip. Finally, add 3 cups flour (I use unbleached white), mix slowly until incorporated and then whip until the batter is light. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until very lightly "beiged". Let cool.

Yum.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Nothing could be worse then a knitter without needles.

Does the plate match the jug from a few posts back? I thought I recognised the style, even before I read where you got it.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Absolutely! I love Blue Calico and have been collecting it since I was 16.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home