Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

You'll Soon Be One Of Us

I have made some more progress on my Ripple Afghan. So far each color has been used twice with the bit of pink starting the 3rd set of 7 colors. So far, it is about 13 1/2" wide. Although I have never been to the Caribbean, that is what this makes me think of. The colors are so bright and cheery. I took it to the Thursday WeHo SNB and it met with rave reviews! I love this group, always so much fun and very supportive. Some people confessed to having been "secretly rippling" at home but not posting to the Ripple Along.

At first I wasn't really crazy about the acrylic yarn. Truthfully, it does have a few "hiccups" from time to time. Big globs of un-spun fiber or one ply being too long and wrapping around the others. I realized that I had become sort of a fiber snob. That is until I also realized that I love another thing that is made from acrylic! Several years ago my fingernails started splitting on the sides. I don't know if it had to do with age or what. I started getting acrylic nails and have been hooked ever since. Since moving to SoCal I have tried a few nail places but one does an exemplary job. Alice Nails on Ventura in Woodland Hills is great. Lani does the best "pink & white", EVER!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Stop it Molly! Stop It!

I am going crazy over here. There is no way I can possibly start another project right now..and you are sorely tempting me.

I have lots of that Caron bright in my stash..plus a "palette sampler" from kint picks..which is 50 skeins of yarn I bought to make a fair isle cardi..

A friend of mine is doing a "ripple" afghan in a feather and fan pattern using each color of the sampler..it is awesome!

And now you, with your ripple, and your granny squares..and your links!

AAAAGGGGG! =)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Yeah, c'mon and drink the kool-aid...

Good to hear from you, Mel!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Molly, your ripple is even more gorgeous in person...the photos do not do it justice!

Ripple-on, Sistah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home