Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Whew!

WARNING! Picture-heavy post following...

It has been a while since I posted and a lot has happened in that time. I went to the Stitch 'n Pitch at Dodger Stadium on May 22nd. Rode the bus from Unwind in Burbank with lots of other fiber-crazed individuals. A few shout-outs are in order;to Robin and Cheryl (on the right who was working on her 2nd EVER knitting project) seen here in the photo. A special shout-out to Bonnie (along with her intrepid sidekick and devoted husband Rolf) who has been successfully kicking breast-cancer's ass since 2002! Keep it up, Bonnie! We have lots more SNP to go!(everybody send a little healing energy Bonnie's way)To my WeHo SNB friends I saw at the game. I miss you and will be back next week as soon as this nasty cold goes away!

Memorial Day weekend I flew up to Seattle for a 35th Anniversary surprise party of some long-time friends, hosted by the the couple's children. Gotta love those group photos! Happy Anniversary! Mike and Nancy are seated in the center. On the left of Nancy is her sister Marybeth. Behind her are her husband Scott, friend Gloria, daughter Liz, son Jake, my daughter Shiloh (the original, thank you) friend Eric (married to Gloria), daughter Rachel, her man Cal, me and kneeling is Kevin (married to Liz). Yeah, us older adults are just a bunch of "Old Hippies" as I am often told.

Backtracking to Friday, my partner in crime friend Jen and I met one of my oldest friends for a bit of lunch in Issaquah. Gary and I have known each other since 1969 when we were in Shamrocks Drum and Bugle corp together. Over the years we have lost touch and kept in touch on a sporadic basis. We usually manage to call one another on our respective birthdays.

Friday after noon was spent shopping in the most bizarre store I have ever been in and then noshing and having cocktails at Maggianos in Bellevue with Jen and Larry, her husband of over 30 years. These are good people, the best life-cheerleaders I have ever had and I love them both. Incidentally, Jen is also one of the best travel partners in the world and I hope to be experiencing more of it with her!

Saturday morning we toured a friend's castle house-under-construction. It is located in the burbs outside of Seattle and all I can say is WOW. I just hope I am still in the good graces of the host when they begin having events and parties out there! I want an invite.

Saturday afternoon and on into the night was another party at the house of yet another friend! Lots more drinking and merriment was had by all. The BBQ was fired up and delicious salads and other tempting treats were offered. I was fortunate enough to have a Jasmine mixed especially for me by the world famous Drinkboy. (Just goes to show that if you pester someone enough, they will appease you just to stop your whining) I have to admit that it was tasty...for a gin drink.

What trip to Seattle (or anywhere for that matter when you are a knitter/crocheter) would be complete without some yarny experience! When in Seattle, go to The Weaving Works, a truly exceptional yarn/fiber shop. On the left is an old standby, Cascade 220 and on the right are a few more bits of sock yarn to add to the bulging stash.

I had a great time and it was very difficult to come home and leave all of my wonderful and supportive and loving friends and family. I love and adore you all. You enrich my life far beyond my explanation.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Sounds like a great vacation!
Can't wait to see what you're going to create with all that gorgeous yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home