Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Too.Freakin'.Weird.

If you read my previous post about the going-out-of-business sale at Bishop's Yarn in Chatsworth, you saw that I posted "The 5 hanks of Glace will be added to the 7 hanks I have of the same color (but I am SURE that it is a different dye lot...that would be too freakin' weird if they were the same!)". Submitted for your approval (I sound like Rod Serling from "The Twilight Zone") label #1.These 8 skeins were purchased over a year and a half ago at the Ben Franklin in Redmond, WA. Now take a look at label #2. These were purchased at Bishop's Yarn in Chatsworth, CA last week. Notice anything interesting about the colors and dye lots? Uh, yeah. Me, too. THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AND DYE LOT!!!! Well, the knitting goddesses are obviously trying to tell me something. With over 1000yards, I now have enough to make a nice, simple top-down v-neck short-sleeved top. Not wanting to tempt the KGs, I had better get on the sticks before my knitting karma slips away. Where to find the pattern? I'm thinking about starting with the Picovoli and adjusting it accordingly. Sort of a cross between that and the Green Gable.

Yesterday, my friend and I went to Malibu to put our toes in the sand and feel the water on our feet. Both being Scorpios, the Ocean is very renewing to us. After a few minutes of that, we were satisfied and went out to breakfast at Googies in Malibu. I had the Lox Platter and it was so good that I forgot to take a photo of it until I was over half done! I think we saw a Rock 'n Roll celeb there, but I can't quite put a name to him. Maybe it will come to me later. In the mean time, I will leave you with a photo of the lovely pink geraniums in the Malibu Colony Plaza.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Aim said...

Oooooh Malibu looks lovely. I wanna live where you do!!! ;)

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed - I used to shop at Bishop's Yarn all the time, but haven't been there since my wedding last April. Yesterday I decided it was time to go back - but of course, as you know but I didn't, they were gone, gone, gone. So sad. And thanks to your blog and Google, I know just how late I was. Thanks for letting me see some of their yarn anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home