Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Falling off the wagon and getting pulled under the wheels...

Well, so much for the "Knit From Your Stash" commitment that I made in January. Actually, it lasted longer than I thought it would. I still have aspirations to get back on the wagon, but probably not until Bishop's is over their going-out-of-business sale. At 70% off, that is pretty damn hard to resist! Here is the haul from Tuesday's binge;5 skeins of Bernat Berella "4" in white, 4 balls of OrnaghiFilati Cashmerino, 2 skeins of Sirdar Snuggly DK in a lt. rust and 2 in a lt. grey/blue, a whole bag of Sirdar Snuggly DK in white and 5 hanks of Berroco Glace. The Berella "4" and the Snuggly is destined for baby clothes for an as-yet-to-be-discovered baby. People get pregnant all the time, right? (Not me, of course. I would throw myself into the middle of the 405 at 5pm!) The Cashmerino is going to be a pair of patterned socks for my daughter, Shiloh. The 5 hanks of Glace will be added to the 7 hanks I have of the same color (but I am SURE that it is a different dye lot...that would be too freakin' weird if they were the same!) so that I can actually make something other than a crop top. Nobody wants to see that...I will simply alternate rows of each dye lot and with the amazing color variation in the yarn, it will all be fine.

I have continued to work on the ripple vest. I am almost done with the back, about 1 1/2 inches left to go. After all that epiphany stuff, I decided to frog it back to the f*$#-up and crochet it correctly. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and I am much happier knowing that there are only a few small mistakes rather than one glaring boo-boo and a few small mistakes. Hopefully it will be done in time to start the front and work on that when I go to Seattle in August.

I feel better now. They say confession is good for the soul...

Whatever.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

It's so difficult to be on a yarn diet with temptation like Bishop's. Embrace the yarn.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yeah, that whole knit (or crochet)-from-your-stash craze seemed a little impossible for most of the folk I know. I think I fell off the wagon in january.

As for the frogging, it builds character. And now you'll be really, REALLY happy with your beautiful vest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home