Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Ripples of Life

It has been a long time since I posted anything here. I usually post during the weekends because I can't post at work and am too tired of the computer in the evenings! But as of late, I have been *ahem* occupied on the weekends and had no time for blogging. However, this weekend I decided I HAD to do something!

I am slowly making progress on the FruitStrips socks. I took them on vacation to the Washington coast a couple of weeks ago and managed to get both heels turned. Here is the front and profile view.

I haven't made it to the WeHo SNB for a few weeks now. I was out of town and then I have been plagued with car problems. The transmission in my car was replaced in February 2007 with a 2 year warranty. Just shy of 6 months, the "new" transmission went out. Died. Kaput. They towed my car back to the same transmission place and put another one in. After that, it just never felt right so I took it back to them and was able to drive my daughter's car for 2 days. So I get it back now and the temperature gauge is pegged past hot, even without the key in the car. "Oh, it's fine to drive home", they tell me,"but you want to have you mechanic look at it". I did just that and his assessment is that the transmission people have broken something while repairing the "new-new" transmission and they need to own up to it. Of course, they won't.

Why does this stuff always happen on a 3-day weekend?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lily said...

Thanks for your nice comment in my blog. Unfortunately I didn't write the wild rose pattern because it is difficult to write in several sizes. However, I did write the pattern for orchid crochet top (which is inspired by wild rose)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Molly,
Nice seeing you again at the West Hills, CA SnB meeting. I remember seeing these nice socks at the meeting. The color reminds me of the Lifesaver hard candies. How's the blue & white knit swifter cover coming along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home