Mutter of Purl

My opinions (and I do have a lot of them) on knitting and sometimes other topics.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I Need An Apartment/Condo/Guesthouse

Okay, it's been a long time since I posted anything. I have been stressing out about finding a place to live so there hasn't been much time for knitting or crocheting. Time to get serious and find a place to live so I can get back to the fun things in life.

I am looking for a 2 bedroom apt. in West L.A. Westwood, Palms, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, WeHo, etc. You get the picture. Here is the hard part. I have one cat and the rent has to be $1400 or less a month. Now, the only change to that would be a 1 bedroom apt., with a cat for $1000 or less. I like older buildings and don't want a gym or pool or sauna or any of that sort of stuff. Please e-mail me at mutterofpurl AT hotmail DOT com if you have knowledge of anything like this. I do not want to have to sign up for ANOTHER rental company (i.e Westside Rentals, CaRent, etc.) that take your money and leave you stranded with nothing.

Here is a photo of what I have been knitting. Swiffer covers. We all hate to throw out the disposable ones so I found this pattern on-line and have been making these small and quick projects, mostly to save what sanity I have left at the moment. The ends get tucked under and sewn down so you just slip the cover on your Swiffer and dust away. I bet they could even be used to damp-mop a floor. The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream and a Bernat Big Cotton something or other (I threw out the label).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH~!!!! Babe, if you can find any 2 br for $1400 or less, LET ME KNOW!!! You don't even want to know what we pay for our dinky 2BR IN THE HOOD. Seriously. 6 years ago, it was prolly renting for $900/mo.

You have my deepest sympathies. Even with the market fluxes recently, it has a LOOOONG way to go before there's a fair price in a decent neighborhood. Unless you want to move Over The Hill (and who wants to do that?!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home